We all know that the mother’s role in the family is second to none as it is only to her where we all will go to when everything seems to fail. Truly a daunting task to be placed on the shoulders of only one human being, yet we are always amazed and wonder of how she could handle all of it with ease. Such is the life of a mother, that she really will give her all just so we can be whole.
On that note, we are fortunate to bring together several home treatments used and invented by mothers throughout history. Chances are you have benefited by them at one point or another, and it is our goal to pass it unto our readers so that these traditions will never die out. You will get something from reading this list of ours, we promise.
- Place a peeled onion at your bedside overnight when you have a cold or flu. It is believed that the onion will absorb all the germs in the room and leaves you feeling much better in the morning.
- Vinegar for sunburn really works as the vinegar has a cooling effect on the skin. It also has anti-microbial properties which will help heal the sunburn more rapidly.
- Drinking of two tall glasses of water when you wake up in the morning, before even brushing your teeth, do wonders to your health. Water therapy is believed to be a cure all. It is even good for losing weight.
- Tiger balm or peppermint oil on the head relieves achy heads.
- Coarse throat and raspy voice? Gargling warm salt water will deal with that in an instant.
- Warm compresses placed on a rather large pimple relieve the pain it causes as well as hasten it ripening.
- Soak your feet for about thirty minutes a day in water with crushed cloves of garlic plus vinegar to cure athlete’s foot and remove the bad odor.
- Tea tree oil dabbed on the scalp lessens dandruff occurrence.
- Placing duct tape on warts suffocates and dries it eventually.
- Chew on a gum to ease heartburn. Chewing gum apparently forces fluid back into your stomach thereby easing the discomfort from heartburns.
- Chew on ginger to relieve morning sickness related to pregnancy, also for motion sickness when travelling.
- Drink dandelion tea to get rid of water retention which causes your body to bloat.
- Put tongue on roof of mouth to relieve brain freeze. Apparently the warmth of the tongue alleviates the cold effect of what you consumed in the nerves of the mouth and sinuses.
- Drink warm milk for a good night’s sleep.
- Drink water infused with honey and a little bit of lemon to get rid of that nasty cough.
- Put vapor rubs on nails to get rid of toenail fungus.
- Put crushed garlic or perfume on a cotton ball directly onto an aching tooth to ease the pain.
- Put crushed alum on the armpits as a natural deodorant. It also naturally whitens dark armpits.
More to come…